Here they are: double chocolate, chocolate chip, easy to make, eat ‘em quick double chocolate muffins.
I’m so glad you’re here. I’m going to go right ahead and assume you’re either here because you follow my blog, or you have googled “double chocolate muffin recipe”. If you fall in the latter category then snaps for you! That’s a great idea! Make double chocolate muffins. You deserve them.
Still not convinced, here’s five very valid reasons:
- Eating double chocolate muffins is as good as going to the gym (proof: the antioxidants in cocoa trigger the walls of your blood vessels to relax, lowering blood pressure and improving circulation. This means better delivery of oxygen and nutrients to every cell).
- If you have red wine and tea while making/eating double chocolate muffins you may just turn into Einstein. True story. (proof: dark chocolate contains the same type of antioxidants found in red wine and tea, which have been shown to boost brain activity).
- They will make you more attractive (proof: chocolate has been shown to improve skin tone and texture, and can help protect it from ultraviolet rays).
- You will be happier, and people like being around happy people (proof: chocolate contains a unique natural substance that creates a sense of euphoria).
- Double chocolate muffins makes you chill you out like Yoda (proof: chocolate has been shown to correct imbalances in the body related to stress and can significantly reduce levels of stress hormones).
In conclusion, people who make and eat double chocolate muffins are scientifically proven to be better looking, more popular, wittier and more charming*.
Hey, you can’t argue with science.
Or chocolate. Don’t argue with chocolate either.
¼ cup cocoa
¼ cup boiling water
3 cups self-raising flour
¾ cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips (I use light and dark)
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ cups evaporated milk
125 grams butter, melted and cooled slightly
Icing sugar or cocoa for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with patty cases and spray with cooking oil.Mix cocoa and boiling water together to make a smooth paste. Allow to cool.
- Put flour and sugar into a large bowl and add chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl mix together cocoa mixture, egg, evaporated milk and butter.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and add milk mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and they bounce back to touch.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar or cocoa. Makes 12.
Healthy? 393 calories a muffin. + other additional health benefits already mentioned. Kind of.
Gluten free? Ah, well, no. But if you’re after chocolate-y gluten free goodness then why not check out this recipe for Flourless (gluten free) chocolate cake from Frugal Feeding. OMG. That’s all I have to say.
Storage: They freeze well, otherwise best eaten within a couple of days.
*asterisk is not spelt asterix. Sorry, did you follow the asterisk for another reason? I’ve forgotten what I was saying…
Source: modified from the Muffin Bible double chocolate muffins.