I’ll be brief about this because there is no need to complicate simple things. This is my go-to recipe, which is why I’m going to the effort of putting it on my blog after three years silence.
I can’t continue to look for this recipe in the notes section of my phone like some pleb without a food blog they should really just put it on. Internal monologue over, here is the recipe:
Here’s the cliff notes:
- Low calorie
- The custard powder gives them something more than an average muffin
- Bananas keep ’em moist
- You can switch out the blueberries for dates, raspberries or anything else your heart desires.
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons custard powder
50 grams butter
1/4 cup low fat yoghurt
1/2 cup skim milk
2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed lightly with a fork
1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 12 by 1/2 cup capacity muffin tin.
- Combine flours (including custard powder) & sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the butter, low heat in a microwave is best
- Mix the egg, butter, yoghurt & milk together & add to the flour mix (do not try and stir to a smooth batter keep some lumps in the mix).
- Stir in banana and then blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Makes: 12 muffins
Storage: They freeze well, otherwise best eaten within a couple of days. Store in airtight container.
Healthy? 185 calories per muffin