This is a classic and an easy crowd pleaser. You really can’t go wrong…
2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup milk
50 grams butter, melted (or half-half butter and natural yoghurt for a slightly healthier version)
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup (180 grams) white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease a muffin tin or line with patty cases and spray with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, milk and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients along with the raspberries and chocolate.
- Using a large wooden spoon mix until just combined.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and muffins are golden.
Healthy? 240 calories a muffin (with all butter)
Gluten free? I’ve used gluten free flour in this recipe and it worked white well. Keep the full amount of butter though, to keep it moist.
Storage: They freeze well, otherwise best eaten within a couple of days.